Saber HexFX Pro Package w/ Roland GR-55
$2,229.00 – $2,329.00
Save up to $250 when you purchase the Saber HexFX Bass and Roland GR-55 together!
The Saber SL Bass is a high performance, professional electric bass featuring our exclusive, patented LightWave Analog Optical Pickup System Technology. The HexFX Technology in this instrument provides individual string outputs, along with a summed mono output, to a 13-pin DIN connector. The resulting output enables full synth access, individual string processing and modeling. Our HexFX 13-pin output technology paired with the Roland GR-55 Guitar Synth Box gives you unlimited tonal possibilities!
Solid Alder Body
Alder is a commonly used, sustainable tone wood, chosen for its strong, clear, full-bodied sound and smooth sustain characteristics.
Three-piece Rock Maple neck
3 pieces of maple with opposing grain run lengthwise to create a much stronger and stiffer neck lessening the need to adjust the trust rod adjustments.
LightWave System3 analog optical pickup system
The optical pickup system uses infrared light to sense string vibration, and features a totally separate transducer for each string, with no electrical or mechanical crosstalk between.
HexFX 13-pin Output Technology
HexFX Instruments feature a an individual string output with the 13-pin DIN connector as well as a summed mono output (1/4″ jack). The resulting output enables full synth access, individual string processing and modeling.
- Body Wood: Solid Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane (Ultra Black)
- Number of Strings: 4 or 5
- Scale Length: 34″
- Number of Frets: 24
- Attachment: Bolt-On (5 Bolt)
- Neck Wood: 3-Piece Rock Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Fretted or Fretless Rosewood
- Fretboard Radius: 14″
- Neck Shape: Low-Profile ‘C’ Neck Carve
- Inlays: Mother-of-Pearl Dots
Hardware and Electronics
- Pickups: LightWave Analog Optical Pickup
- Bridge: Custom GraphTech Monolithic Bridges with iceTone™ Saddle
- PreAmp: LightWave Designed Active PreAmp
- Standard 1/4″ Mono
- 13-pin DIN Individual String Output
- Master Volume
- Bass Boost and Cut
- Mids Boost and Cut
- Mid Frequency
- iceTone™ Blend
- 13-pin Summed Volume Control
- Wet | Dry Toggle Switch
- Program Selector Switch
- Power: Rechargeable NiMH Internal Battery – 16 Hours playing time with 1-hour recharge
- ProTec Deluxe Gig Bag
- User Manual
- Tool Kit
Roland GR-55 Guitar Synth System
- Ultra-fast tracking provides incredibly responsive synth processing
- Color: Black
- 3-pedal live control plus a built-in expression/volume pedal
- Sound Generator: PCM (2 tones), COSM Modeling (1 tone)
- Tones PCM: 910 types
- Modeling: 23 types (guitar mode), 17 types (bass mode)
- Effects MFX (Multi-Effects): 20 types
- AMP (Preamp): 42 types
- MOD (Modulation): 14 types
- DELAY: 7 types
- REVERB: 5 types
- CHORUS: 4 types
- EQ: 1 type
- 270 x Guitar patch memory presets (plus 297 user patches)
- 90 x Bass patch memory presets (plus 297 user patches)
- 240 x 64 LCD display
- 1 x 13-pin DIN GK input connector
- 1 x 1/4″ guitar output jack
- 2 x 1/4″ main outputs
- 1 x 1/4″ stereo headphone output
- MIDI in and out connectors
- 2 x USB port (computer connectivity and USB memory connector)
- USB Memory Audio Player File Format: WAV, AIFF
- Sampling resolution: 24-bit/44.1kHz
- Power supply: DC 9V
- Current draw: 700 mA
- Dimensions (maximum measurements): 16″ x 9-5/8″ x 4-3/16″
- Weight: 7 lbs. 5 oz.
- Included accessories: AC adapter, owner’s manual
Every Saber HexFX Bundle purchase includes a Protec Padded Gig Bag, Tabletop International Charger, Tools, Manual, Roland GR-55, & Roland GKC-5 13-pin Cable.
Willcox Guitars instruments are designed, engineered, and prototyped here at our Santa Barbara, California facility. The necks and bodies are made by our manufacturing partners, SPG Musical Instruments, in South Korea. SPG was originally the Custom Shop of Samick. The electronics are made here in California. The molded bridge and hardware parts are done to our specs by GraphTech Guitar Labs of BC, Canada.
All of the parts and assemblies are inventoried here in California. When an instrument is ordered, it is assembled, set up, tested, and burned in here in our factory. This process takes about 7 – 10 business days before we ship your instrument, and our QC is applied to every step in the process.
All instrument orders shipped to the continental United States have complimentary shipping, no charge. All orders shipped to Alaska, Hawaii and all International orders are shipped using FedEx GreatRates service, in which shipping charges are far less than regular shipping rates, but vary greatly depending on date of shipment, destination, and space availability.
If you are shipping to an international address, you will be contacted within 48 hours of purchasing a complete instrument from Willcox Guitars regarding an additional shipping fee (estimated fees are anywhere between $70 -$375) that you will be required to pay before the instrument ships out.
This amount may be paid with the same method of payment used to purchase the instrument and will require your verification. Please contact us if you’d like to arrange shipping with your own courier services.
If you would like a shipping estimate, please contact us by email and include the instrument you are interested in, and your city, country, and postal code.